Head over to the little things we do to join in on this week’s fill-in-the-blank-friday fun!
1. My favorite grade in school was my senior year of high school. Seriously the most fun I’ve ever had in my school career. Our whole class was really blessed to have such a good year .
2. My favorite teacher was ooh, this one is tough, but maybe Mrs. Dawson, my French teacher because, she absolutely loved the subject matter, she cared about us, and she gave us a passion for the French language, even if we were forced to take the class like I was 🙂 .
3. The highest level of education I have completed is my high school diploma; I’m currently getting my Bachelor’s of Science in Early Childhood Education .
4. School lunches for me were usually a mixture of lunches from home or school lunches until senior year when we could leave campus and go out to eat for lunch .
5. The amount of money you’d have to pay me to go back to high school would be not a lot, honestly. I can 100% look back on my high school career and say that I loved it. I loved my friends, my teachers, and the time I spent there. It really was a good time. .
6. A few things that will always remind me of going back to school are: tax-free weekend, school supply sales, new tennis shoes and new jeans .
7. The first day of school was always better than I would have imagined. I never had an awful experience, and it typically was good to see everyone after not seeing them for the summer .
1. My favorite thing to do on Friday is sleep in! I don’t have classes on Friday, and I have to say that is the smartest decision I’ve ever made .
2. This Friday I am meeting with my new small group for dinner and hoping to head to a birthday party for one of my senior girls for a little bit .
3. The best thing about a weekend is that it isn’t the week, and you get to do what you want to do .
4. Now that summer is almost over, I’m feeling excited. I enjoy fall a lot, and I’m sick of being SO hot. However, summer in Georgia lasts FOREVER so, it may be a while until we really have fall .
5. The best thing I did this summer was umm, go to Australia? For sure .
6. The thing I’m looking forward to about fall is the clothes and COLLEGE FOOTBALL…in the South, football is a way of life 🙂 and Caramel Apple Spice from Starbucks .
7. If I had to be stuck in one season for the rest of my life, I would choose either spring or fall, not too hot, not too cold .
Also, this Friday, I’m celebrating the engagement of one of my dearest friends, my “brother”, Drew. I’ve been waiting for a while for this to actually happen, and when he told me the other day that it would be soon, I couldn’t wait. So, getting this texted to me this afternoon made this day SO much better 🙂
1. Something that is very near and dear to my heart is, student ministry. I love, love, love doing life with students, and even though my job as intern is over, I’m so glad that I have valuable relationships with students that will continue .
2. The fact that I’m going to AUSTRALIA next Saturday is good cause to celebrate .
3. The most fun I ever had was probably the beach trip a group of us went on the summer after we graduated .
4. True friends are the ones that stand up for you no matter what, always have your back, encourage and lift you up, know your truest and deepest desires, and can make you laugh no matter what .
5. Something that makes me terribly happy is this weekend: today, I got to hang out with some of my favorites; tomorrow, I get to hang out with my best friends AND Jack +Joe.
6. A good way to spend a sunny day is by the pool, with good friends, getting some sun, and being able to get cooled off whenever it gets too hot .
7. My favorite celebratory food is ice cream. Always ice cream. Happy or sad times, especially during exciting times, I’ll pick ice cream, preferably Mayfield’s chocolate .
1. When I wake up in the morning, the first thing I do is, figure out if I can possibly sleep any longer. If yes, I do; if not, I head for the shower .
2. I can hardly wait for Australia!!! .
3. The quickest way to my heart is ice cream because I’m slightly obsessed with it .
4. A little known fact about me is that I am related to Dakota Fanning. She’s my third cousin (or something like that?!) on my dad’s side. No, we’re not blood related, but we do look freakishly alike. This used to be a much bigger deal to me than it is now .
5. The best part about my job is I get to hang out with students and get paid for it! Also, this week I decided that I really love my job because I get to wear t-shirts and jeans to work everyday and it’s totally acceptable .
6. Something I just couldn’t live without is Target…not even kidding .
7. Something useful that I wish I knew how to do is dance. My best friend Caroline always claims she’s going to teach me how to dance, but we haven’t been successful yet; however, it is on our list of things to do before we die, so hopefully it will happen. I know this is going to be a skill I’ll really need once my friends start getting married .
1. The highlight of my week was a successful dinner and sleepover with Jamie and Maggie last Saturday night!
2. If I had to classify my interior design aesthetic it would be traditional with hints of modern/contemporary updates .
3. My first vehicle was a 2002 silver Honda Accord coupe .
4. An item I need to have in my day in order to function is my Erin Condren planner. Seriously .
5. My favorite way to waste time is by pinning things on Pinterest .
6. Right now I could really go for a few fresh strawberries, potentially dipped in Cool Whip .
7. This weekend I will be babysitting, cooking, hanging out with some of my favorites, switching my winter clothes to my summer clothes, working on Australia stuff, and taking walks with my dog for the week, Chaco 🙂 (i’m dogsitting) .
1. If money wasn’t an issue, the first thing I’d cross of my life list is going to Europe. Seriously, I’d hop on a plane tomorrow if I had the money (and time) to go and enjoy a trip there. I’ve always wanted to go to Europe (specifically France) and see all the beautiful places that I’ve read about for years .
2. Lemons are something I like that other people think is weird.
3. If my life were a movie right now, the title would be “Crazy Changes Every Single Day” .
4. Three things I am looking forward to this month are D-NOW , visiting family in Florida (and shopping at IKEA) and becoming a better runner .
5. My favorite song to sing in the shower is nothing. I don’t sing in the shower; I rarely sing in public (except for in church) .
6. If I found out that the production of Nutella or Welch’s Sparkling Grape Juice was ending this month, I’d go out and buy as much as I could tomorrow.
7. One thing I’ll never grow tired of is spending time with students and doing life with them .
1. My favorite place i’ve ever traveled to is probably San Diego. It was such a pretty city, there was tons to do, and the weather was fabulous! Although, I really loved D.C. as well .
2. Prince Edward Island is somewhere I’d love to go someday.
3. I pass the time on a plane (or bus, or car ride or train) by reading, listening to music, and talking with whoever I’m traveling with .
4. My three must-haves when I travel are a map/GPS , a bottle of water and my glasses.
5. My favorite travel companion is probably my friend Chelsea. We’ve traveled together many a time that we know how each other travels best .
6. The craziest thing that ever happened to me while traveling is when I was in San Diego, my friend, Drew, almost got arrested for jaywalking .
7. The most exotic food I’ve ever tried while traveling is nothing. When I went to Panama, we ate McDonald’s more than anything else .
8. If I could live anywhere else, I’d live in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina .
9. I have been to thirteen