2016 was hard in lots of ways. Sammy Rhodes tweeted that 2016 was what the French call les incompetents (perfect quote from Home Alone). It was a really hard year for me in a multitude of ways. However, it was special, and below are some of the best experiences/moments of the year for me.
- Joining Oakhurst: I became a member of my church in March, and I’m so grateful for that place and those people. I could not imagine a sweeter community to be a part of. They are truly my Charlotte family!
- Finishing My First Year of Teaching: Wow, was it a year. Everyone always said the first year was the hardest, and my word, yes it was. So glad that is behind me!
- Mom Coming Up For Mother’s Day: Mom came up for just one night, and we had a lot of fun! It was really a fun weekend spent shopping and eating lots of good food, two things we do best!
- #SurpriseBestFriendTrip: By far, one of the best weeks ever. Kaila and I had a blast driving almost 2,000 miles, sleeping in three different states, paying LOTS of money in tolls, and seeing lots of new things.
- Surprising My Dad For Father’s Day: It was super fun to get to surprise my dad on Father’s Day. After driving close to 2,000 miles, I wasn’t planning on spending Father’s Day in AUG, but I changed my mind last minute and it was worth it!
- Celebrating ONE Year in Charlotte: Wow. What a year. There were times that I thought I would never make it one year, so I’m so thankful to have celebrated on year in CLT.
- Kaila and Patrick’s Wedding: That weekend was so fun! I laughed so much, got to be with some of my favorite people, and watched my best friend marry a really great guy. All in all, a high of this year!
- Greenville Weekend: In September, I went to Greenville one weekend to hang out with EK and go to a mini camp reunion of sorts. It was really one of the best weekends of the year–incredibly refreshing and loads of fun. So thankful for those people who are only two hours away now!
- Family Weekend: My grandmother fell in late October, and the weekend after her fall, a whole slew of us came to Augusta to see her one last time. I’d had an incredibly hard week at work, so it was hard to get away, but I’m so glad I did. It was really a special weekend with my family!