Charlotte has so many great places to eat, to dessert, to relax, etc. This is mainly going to be restaurants in the CLT area that I have grown to really enjoy!
- Paco’s Tacos: Located in the South Park area of Charlotte, this fun Tex-Mex restaurant is one of the best in Charlotte. It’s a great place to get chips and salsa, as well as guacamole (if that’s your thing) or tacos. My mom’s a fan of their soup, and I always get their chicken nachos.
- Duck Donuts: This isn’t a Charlotte only kind of place, but it’s not a chain, either. They have locations all up the East Coast, but the one in Dilworth is the only one I’ve been to. SO good. Different than Krispy Kreme or Dunkin’ Donuts because they are more like old fashioned donuts. Honestly, I’ve started to really like these better!
- Whiskey Warehouse: They claim to have the best rooftop patio in Charlotte, and I think they do. Their food is good, but it’s really the location that sells this restaurant. It’s in the Plaza Midwood area of CLT, and the views from the rooftop patio are out of this world.
- Zada Jane’s: Also located in Plaza Midwood, this restaurant is a classic twist on something different. There are plenty of veggie/organic options as well as plenty of meat lover options. It’s so good!
- Crepe Cellar: This is in NODA, a really cool area near Plaza Midwood. We went here for a birthday celebration, and the French lover in me enjoyed this place so much. Definitely one to check out if you’re visiting CLT.
- The Peculiar Rabbit: Okay, so clearly I like to hang out in the Plaza Midwood area. This is a great place for all meals, but I’m a personal fan of their brunch. It’s also three stories, so there are lots of great seating options!
- Midwood Smokehouse: Obama came here, so if going to places where the President went is your thing, then this is your place. But really, it’s a great BBQ place, and I really like it. Of course, it’s also in the Plaza Midwood area.
- The King’s Kitchen: While Paco’s is more than likely my favorite place on this list, The King’s Kitchen is the one that I want you to visit the most. It’s classic Southern food with a mission. They work with The Dream Center in Charlotte to employ homeless/those in poverty, 100% of the proceeds go to feed the homeless in Charlotte, and all of the food is local. Definitely worth your money.
- Dandelion Market: Emma Kate and I randomly came upon this place when she was in town, and it was the best stumble upon ever. It was so good. It’s like a little Irish pub. You don’t even feel like you’re in CLT when you’re there. It’s really so great.