I don’t know about you, but I am counting down the days until summer is officially here. That’s for a number of reasons, but I think the most anticipated is this: NO ALARMS! I’m so excited about sleeping in as looooong as I want!
Anyway, in preparation for summer, I’ve come up with a list of goals that I’d like to accomplish before I go back to preplanning.
- Read 50 books. I have a major book problem, as in I acquire books faster than I can read them, but reading 50 books during the summer really should be no problem. I read about two a week on average anyway right now, so if I’m not working, I should be able to do this. I have a loooooong list of books that I own that I have not read. Some I have started and never finished, and some I just bought but haven’t gotten to yet. Some of the ones I have never finished I have had for years (as in, the bookmark for one was the invitation to our senior class prom). My goal is to read all of those by the end of this year, and reading 50 of them by the end of summer will help a lot.
- Go to the gym 3-4 times a week. It has been hard to be in a consistent practice of going to the gym ever since I started working, so I’d like to take advantage of the time off that I have to go to the gym more often and get back in a routine!
- Visit Kasey and Aaron. It’s kind of fun having out-of-town friends, even if it means that you don’t get to see them as often as you’d like. BUT, visiting Kasey and Aaron is one of my favorite things to do, so of course time off from work means a visit to Greenville–er, Pickens 🙂
- Go to a Knights game. Baseball. Summer. What’s more to say?
- Watch Kaila get married. I mean, where else would I be on July 9th??
- Go to the Mint Museum. I pass by this museum every single day on the way to work, and I’ve heard that it’s free on Tuesdays. I think it would be fun to go!
- Make strawberry jam. I have been wanting to do this for years. My cousin and I were going to get together to make it a couple of years ago, but we were never able to. She even asked me this weekend if I could, but unfortunately, I wasn’t in Augusta. So, hopefully I’ll either get to make it with her in AUG or just make it myself in CLT.
- Go to the Billy Graham Library. Again, free admission means I’m up for it. Camp’s roots go back to the Graham family, so I’m interested in going! Plus, it’s Billy Graham and a library…why wouldn’t I go?
- #SurpriseBestFriendTrip More on this after it occurs 😉
- Write more. I have this dream of going to the gym in the morning then camping out at Caribou coffee for the rest of the morning/early afternoon writing and reading. Hopefully I can do it a couple of times this summer 🙂
- Explore Davidson. Davidson College is located in Davidson, NC just a few miles north of Charlotte. I watched a House Hunters episode located there a few months before I moved to Charlotte, and I have always wanted to explore there ever since moving here. It may not live up to my expectations, but I’d like to go!
- Find a “third place”. My friend Kelly introduced the idea of a “third place” to me when she spoke briefly about it at a church event a month or so ago. Google defines “the third place” as the social surroundings separate from the two usual social environments of home (“first place”) and the workplace (“second place”). Examples of third places would be environments such as cafes, clubs or parks. My goal is that by the end of this summer I would have my own “third place”.
- Deep clean my condo. I could honestly say I abhor deep cleaning, but I appreciate a clean house. I’d like to get better at deep cleaning, but I never make time for it. Since it’s on a list, and I like crossing things off lists, I’ll try and get it done this summer. Hopefully 😉
I think this is it for this summer, but I may add more as the time between now and summer approaches. What are your summer goals?